Director of Communications
Team member since August 2021
My Responsibilities at the Endowment:
- Lead marketing and public relations efforts to increase awareness of key focus areas including child well-being, advocacy, racial equity, and nonprofit capacity building.
- Develop and implement brand strategy for all communications, website, and public messages to consistently articulate the Endowment’s mission.
My Proudest Accomplishment:
Being able to work in a field that is not only rewarding professionally and personally, but one that influences change, encourages innovation, and demands life-long learning.
Before I Joined the Endowment:
- Director of Marketing and Communications, Duke School, Durham, NC.
- Communications Specialist, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC.
Education, Awards, Community Engagement:
- BA in English from North Carolina State University.
- M.Ed. in Adult and Continuing Education from North Carolina State University.
- Graduate Certification in Community College Teaching from North Carolina State University.
- Graduate Certification in Marketing Strategy from Cornell University.
- Recipient of the 2018 Fred Fletcher Outstanding Cultural Resources Volunteer Award.
When Not Working, I Enjoy:
Spending time with family and friends, photography, teaching ESL, writing, reading, and listening to music.