The John Rex Endowment is governed by the Board of Directors. Members of the board bring a range of perspectives and experience from the business, education, finance, healthcare, and nonprofit community. The foundation president serves as an ex-officio member.
The diverse leadership sets the John Rex Endowment’s mission, monitors the impact of the organization, provides broad direction and ensures its development and growth. The Board of Directors performs its duties through committees that include the Executive Committee, Finance and Audit Committee, Grants Review Committee and Nominating Committee. Each director serves two three-year terms and serves on at least one committee.
- Chair - Matt Leatherman, Research Director, FCLT Global
- Vice-chair - LaTasha Winstead, Senior Customer Success Manager, UniteUs
- Treasurer - Bryan Lewis, Vice President and Chief Investment Officer, United States Steel Corp.
- Secretary - Heather Denny, Managing Partner, Wells Global
- Assistant Officer - Kate Simpson, Vice President, TrueBridge Capital Partners
- David Baker, Sr., District Court Judge, 10th Judicial District, Wake County
- Will Chavis, Ph.D., Assistant Superintendent for Equity Affairs, Wake County Public Schools System
- Rhett Fussell, Interim Director, Raleigh Area Land Trust
- Libby George, (Retired) Director of Investments, NC State University
- Irene Godínez, Executive Director and Founder, Ponder NC Action
- Warren Ludwig, Ph.D., Licensed Psychologist, Child Welfare & Mental Health Consultant
- Kellan Moore, President and CEO, John Rex Endowment
- John Rusher, M.D., Pediatrician, Raleigh Pediatric Associates
- Derek Wildman, Chief Fiancial Officer, UNC Healthcare Systems
Thank you to these visionary individuals whose passion and commitment to the citizens of Wake County has shepherded the John Rex Endowment over the years:
- Jimmy Talton
- Linda Butler, M.D.
- Jill Wright, M.D.
- Sherry Worth
- Robert Rader, Judge
- Leah Devlin, D.D.S.
- Ben Bradsher
- David Boerner, M.D.
- Ann Goodnight
- James Maynard