2024 FUNDING ANNOUNCEMENT
At John Rex Endowment, we’re working on new ways to support nonprofits as they build their internal capacity. That’s why we’re partnering with Emerging Equity on a new 2024 grant opportunity.
Emerging Equity is a firm that helps organizations – including nonprofits – create healthy, inspiring work environments. This team has expertise in everything from equity in the workplace to leadership development to helping organizations grow, sustainably.
Together, we’re offering eligible nonprofits a three year partnership, or cohort. Through this partnership, Emerging Equity will:
- Start with an assessment specifically designed for each organization. This simply means we’ll work together to figure out where there are opportunities to grow and build each organization’s capacity.
- Co-create a plan with nonprofit representatives to help each nonprofit meet their goals and build strong internal processes. The ultimate goal is helping each nonprofit advance their missions to support children’s social emotional health.
- Offer designated hours for consulting/coaching to support the plan’s implementation.
- Create a shared space for co-learning and collaboration. (Nonprofit leaders will have time as needed with the Emergent Equity team for this co-learning, helping build the nonprofit’s capacity.)
The following organizations are eligible for this grant. Nonprofits that:
- Are positively impacting children in Wake County.
- Have a 501(c)(3) status with a Board of Directors.
- Have between 4 – 30 paid employees.
- Are working to improve children's social emotional health, through a racial equity/justice lens.
- Have been in operation for at least three (3) years.
- Have a team ready to take on this work. The Executive Director, and at least one board member with at least 2 years remaining on the board, must participate in the cohort.
- Are at a place in their organization’s journey where they are open to an alternative process for strengthening their organization, building their capacity, and engaging in equity practices and conversations.
We are awarding this grant to four organizations for the spring cohort. John Rex Endowment will pay for each organization's partnership with Emerging Equity.
In addition to covering these expenses, we'll grant each nonprofit $25,000 per year for three years. This grant funding, totaling $75,000 over the three-year period, will support nonprofits with implementing their new plans.
When will the RFP be released?
February 2024. We’re sharing more information within the RFP.