My Responsibilities at the Endowment:
- With potential applicants – Answering questions about our funding opportunities and strategies.
- With our grant-funded partners – Discussing and documenting progress of grant projects and initiatives
- With funding partners – Learning about current philanthropic practices, particularly related to capacity building and evaluation.
- With our staff and board – Refining and implementing our internal and external learning practices to help us gauge the impact of our grantmaking.
My Proudest Accomplishment:
It’s a cross between graduating from two great universities, getting self-proclaimed “perfect attendance” to all UNC Men’s Basketball homes games during the 2017-2018 season, and taking a leap to move to the Triangle for a career change.
Before I Joined the Endowment:
- Researcher on a local history initiative to document personal experiences of the Civil Rights movement of the 1950s-70s in Danville, VA and of African-American history in Martinsville, VA.
- Program Officer at the Harvest Foundation of the Piedmont in Martinsville, VA.
Education, Awards, Community Engagement:
- BA in History from University of Virginia, Charlottesville.
- MA in Liberal Studies from Wake Forest University.
When Not Working, I Enjoy:
Attending sporting events, lectures, and museums on our local university campuses in the Triangle.