The John Rex Endowment looks forward to supporting work that aligns with our mission— “to strengthen organizations that center racial equity and justice to improve the social emotional health of children living in Wake County.”
Throughout our work we are taking steps to be more intentional in the ways we support our nonprofit community. The topic of our Request for Proposals (RFP) is strategically developed in response to feedback from grant funded partners and local organizations.
The Racial Equity Capacity Building Request for Proposals, which will open February 2022 to existing grantees. This funding’s goal is to increase organizations’ effectiveness in leading with a racial equity commitment as they work to improve children’s social emotional health—both in their own organizations and externally.
- John Rex Endowment grantees who have received funding within the last five years (2017-2021) are invited to apply for this opportunity.
- We will fund up to four organizations for three years and will contact those eligible to submit a Letter of Intent.
- We are awarding grants in June.
CLICK HERE to submit questions to Gladys Hairston, Director of Learning, Research, and Evaluation.
We will host several community webinars for those who are interested in learning more about the Endowment’s Racial Equity Capacity Building RFP. These webinars are open to the public. Save the dates and register below to join us.
Racial Equity RFP Webinars
- Thursday, February 24, 2022, at 11 AM. CLICK HERE to register.
- Tuesday, March 1, 2022, at 3 PM. CLICK HERE to register.