New Funding for Racial Equity Work
You asked. We listened. And we are pleased to deliver!
The John Rex Endowment is excited to announce our 2022 funding opportunities. We developed our Request for Proposals (RFPs) in response to feedback from current grant-funded partners and likeminded local organizations.
We look forward to supporting great work that aligns with our mission: “to strengthen organizations that center racial equity and justice to improve the social emotional health of children living in Wake County.”
In 2022, we are offering three funding opportunities.
- February Release: Racial Equity Capacity Building RFP, Existing Grantees. This funding’s goal is to increase organizations’ effectiveness in leading with a racial equity commitment as they work to improve children’s social emotional health—both in their own organizations and externally.
- John Rex Endowment grantees who have received funding within the last five years (2017-2021) are invited to apply for this opportunity.
- We will fund up to four organizations for three years and will contact those eligible to submit a Letter of Intent.
- We are awarding grants in June.
- June Release: Racial Equity Capacity Building RFP, New and Existing Grantees. Our second funding opportunity has the same goal as above, but will be open more broadly.
- We will release this RFP in June and make awards in October.
- Fall Release: TBD. We are releasing the year’s third and final funding opportunity in the fall. Based on learnings throughout the first half of 2022, we will determine what the third RFP will be.
- We are sharing more details about this opportunity in the spring.
Questions about the Endowment’s funding opportunities? CLICK HERE to submit a question to Gladys Hairston, our director of learning, research and evaluation.
We are also presenting several community webinars for those who are interested in learning more about the Endowment’s Racial Equity Capacity Building RFP. These webinars are open to the public. Save the dates and register below to join us!
Racial Equity RFP Webinars
- Thursday, February 24, 2022, at 11 AM EST. CLICK HERE to register.
- Tuesday, March 1, 2022, at 3 PM EST. CLICK HERE to register.
We will continue sharing updates about funding opportunities and decisions. Please stay tuned!