My Responsibilities at the Endowment:
- Leads overall management and strategic direction for the Endowment.
- Manages the Board of Directors, Executive and Nominating Committees.
- Participates in Grants Review Committee and reviews applications.
- In partnership with Board Chair and Equity Leadership Team — leads the Endowment’s racial equity capacity building and training.
- In partnership with the board and Director, Racial Equity and Advocacy — engage in advocacy efforts for the Endowment to advance positive change for children.
My Proudest Accomplishment:
Working with our board, staff, community and other funders to re-imagine philanthropy, grantmaking and advocacy centering racial equity in all that we do. Our journey has just begun, but our commitment is for the long haul.
Before I Joined the Endowment:
- Founding Executive Director, Care Share Health Alliance
- Community Relations Director, Rex Healthcare
- Executive Director, Foundation of Hope
- Program Officer, Blue Cross Blue Shield of NC Foundation
- Supervisor, corporate giving, Progress Energy
- Development Director, Methodist Home for Children
Education, Awards, Community Engagement:
- BS in Communications from Ohio University.
- MPH in Public Health, UNC Chapel Hill’s Gillings School of Global Public.
- 2010 recipient of the “Jacob Koomen Public Health Practice Award,” presented by the faculty of UNC’s Department of Health Policy and Management.
When Not Working, I Enjoy:
Time with family and friends entertaining, traveling, walking around downtown, trying new restaurants.