My Responsibilities at the Endowment:
- Shape the Endowment’s direction through the design, implementation, and management of initiatives and programs through a lens of racial equity.
- Work with nonprofits, communities, and boards to lead the development of equitable frameworks for grantmaking and advocacy efforts.
My Proudest Accomplishment:
Personally, my daughter; professionally, being the youngest executive for Big Brothers Big Sisters in 2000.
Before I Joined the Endowment:
- Executive Director, Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Durham and Orange Counties (now Triangle BBBS).
- Director, The United Way of Forsyth County’s Volunteer Center.
- Director, Strategic Initiatives, The Winston-Salem Foundation.
Education, Awards, Community Engagement:
- BA in Psychology from UNC Charlotte.
- Master’s in Business Administration from University of Phoenix.
- Board member, NC Center for Nonprofits.
- Vice Chair for the Board of Visitors for Salem Academy and College in Winston-Salem, NC.
When Not Working, I Enjoy:
Traveling and spending time with friends and family.