My Responsibilities at the Endowment:
- Leads a team of dedicated staff members who ensure communications, grantmaking, and advocacy efforts enable the organization to achieve its mission.
- Leads strategy development to increase community impact through system-level change.
- Ensures the Endowment maintains its strong emphasis on centering equity in all functions of the organization.
- Creates new paths towards forming partnerships throughout North Carolina and the Souteast region to meet the Endowment’s goals and strategies.
My Proudest Accomplishment:
Personally, my amazing daughter and bearing witness to her amazing journey into adulthood. She is my reminder of what is possible through staying curious and loving life. Professionally, being part of a team that is continuous learning and evolving to create an environment where all people can thrive.
Before I Joined the Endowment:
- Executive Director, Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Durham and Orange Counties (now Triangle BBBS)
- Director, The United Way of Forsyth County’s Volunteer Center
- Director, Strategic Initiatives, The Winston-Salem Foundation
Education, Awards, Community Engagement:
- BA in Psychology from UNC Charlotte.
- Master’s in Business Administration from University of Phoenix.
- Board member, NC Center for Nonprofits.
When Not Working, I Enjoy:
Traveling abroad and spending time with friends and family.